Find the answer to your question
Why do I get the following error when trying to revise my item, "Duplicate custom variation label."?
Why you are getting the following error, "Duplicate custom variation label."
If you are trying to revise an item with variations, and you recieve the following error,
<ShortMessage>Duplicate custom variation label.</ShortMessage>
<LongMessage>Duplicate custom variation label.</LongMessage>
This means you are trying to use a Variation.SKU that is already in use. If this is the case you want to double check your SKU's to ensure they are correct. You also may want to review your variation information, such as your NameValueList pairs. You may accidentally have the same SKU's being used but with different values. Example, you originally list the item with the follwoing,
But then when you try to revise the item you may be using a differnt value (above is Yellows and below is Blacks),
This will result in an error.
Also, the other reason could be that you may have specified the same SKU Item level and at variation level. Whether the SKU is ManagedByInventory or not, you cannot use the same SKU at item level and Variation level. In order to get rid of this error, you need to change the SKU and use different SKU at item level or variation level.
- ReviseFixedPriceItem: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/ReviseFixedPriceItem.html
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- What does the field "Custom Label" in Turbo Lister, File Exchange and Selling Manager applications map to in a GetItem call?
- Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set
- Revising/Relisting multi-variation items
- ReviseItem: An error "Variations with quantity '0' will be removed" (ErrorCode 21916620) may be encountered when revising multi-variation items.
- How do I edit multi-variation listings to include the new item specific details in the variations?