Find the answer to your question
Published: March 16 2017, 4:45:00 PMUpdated: September 01 2022, 12:48:50 PM
Starting March 2017, UPIs will be validated based on the following criteria:
· Invalid GTIN(s) – not numeric/ not in the right length/ doesn’t pass checksum
· Brand value has only special characters - e.g. *&#@
Brand value is in black list ("new", "other", "brand", "value brand",
"brand new", "100% brand new","new brand", "approved vendor", "100%
new", "others", "made in china", "see description“ etc.)
· MPN value has only special characters - e.g. ??
Who will be enforced?
• All sites and categories
• All items conditions
• New and revised items (revision upon listing data, not price/quantity change)
• Single SKU & Multiple SKU
• Items with eBay Catalog Product Data:
-- will be exempt from those restrictions
-- the existence of UPIs or other required aspects will still be enforced
• Timeline for impacting GTC renewal is still TBD.
- “Input Quality” validations will be applied when revising title, description, product details etc.
- “Input Quality” validations will not be applied to ReviseInventoryStatus API
Quality” validations will not be applied to ReviseItem or
ReviseFixedPriceItem API if revising any one of the item properties list
Quality” validations will also be applied to the item specific(s) that
sellers add via ‘Add your Own Item Item Specific’ functionality on UI
as shown below or as Custom Item Specific via API
Please click on Individual UPIs to learn more about them:
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful