Find the answer to your question
Why am I getting Input data for tag TransactionArray.Transaction.Buyer.Site is invalid or java.lang.IllegalArgumentException ?
An IllegalStateException occurs when you receive an enumeration that your SDK which built against the version(s) of the WSDL does not understand.
If an API call is only failing on certain items, it means, in most cases, those items contain some new properties that are not backwards compatible with the WSDL you are using.
This usually is a bug, the bug that should never have happened. Whenever you encounter these exceptions and the error continues, please report the issue via Support Request with the source code or Api request xml that reproduces the problem.
NOTE. The correct behavior is to return CustomCode in place of a new property if the client is in the versions below when the new code was introduced.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- CustomCode is returned as the value for some tags
- Rebuilding the Java SDK with a newer WSDL version
- IllegalStateException in SOAP responses
- ListingDurationCodeType / ShippingServiceCodeType are changed in WSDL457, should I change my JAVA SDK client code?
- Why am I getting a response from version 1131 when I passed lower version in the header?