Find the answer to your question
Why am I receiving this error? What action should I take?
Error 21359 indicates an internal timeout has occured with the socket connection serving your request. The best course of action is to retry your request.
The GetSeller* and GetItemTransactions might have timed out due to the sheer volume of data that is being requested. It is always a good idea to limit the response by making use of the filtering options available. Please refer to the articles in the Addtional Resources section to understand best practices for the calls.
For all *Get* calls such as GetItem, GetSellerList, GetItemTransactions, GetSellerTransactions:
- Retry the Call up to 3 times
- If after 3 retries the call still fails, reduce the requested page size and retry again.
For all *Set* calls such as AddItem, AddDispute, RelistItem, ReviseItem, LeaveFeedback
- It is possible that the Item/Transactional Data was created , even though the call failed.
- Use the UUID input field where applicable to prevent duplicate listings/transactions.
- Retry the call once or use a *Get* call to determine if the transactional data was created. Keeping a record of all retry attempts.
Best Practices for GetSellerEvents and GetSellerTransactions
Timeout for GetSellerEvents
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Best Practices for GetSellerEvents and GetSellerTransactions
- How can I get a list of my active items?
- Error 219255 - API call timed out because it has exceeded the predefined SLA for the call
- GetSellerList returning 10007 - Internal error to the application
- C# sample code to implement retry in calls with the .NET SDK