Find the answer to your question
I am looking at an item on eBay which ships via, "USPSFirstClass". As per the GeteBayDetails API, Shipping time for this service is 2-5 days. But the View Item page specifies the "Estimated delivery time" as 5-8 business days. Why does this discrepancy exist?
Estimated delivery time
This is not a discrepancy.
The estimated delivery time includes the shipping time + whatever time is required by the seller to deliver the the item to the shipping carrier.
Thus estimated delivery time is based on the seller's handling time (specified via DispatchTimeMax in AddItem), the shipping service selected, and when the seller receives cleared payment. If the seller has specified a handling time then the estimated delivery time will not be equal to the Shipping Time of the carrier, as you are seeing in this case.
See Handling Time and Estimated Delivery Time for details. (If link does not work, you can go to the Trading API Guide shown in the additional resources, and search for "Handling Time and Estimated Delievery Time" and it is under the Misc Shipping Topics)
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- How can I determine why I am missing some Platform Notifications?
- Getting ItemRevised notification out of sequence
- GetOrders buyer's ShippingServiceSelected as NotSelected
- I'm listing an item on a Motors category, specifying a standard shipping method. Why do I get the following error?<ShortMessage>Shipping service is not available.</ShortMessage>
- How does the eBay API return time stamp data?